In today’s society, public relations professionals are employed in a wide variety of settings in business, government, and nonprofit organizations. The goal of this course is to develop the creative skills to manage strategies of communication and public relations. It will teach you the proper channels of communication and will explain some useful techniques on how to make use of them. It also covers how to write for various media channels and address different types of audiences.
Building Effective Media Relations Course Objectives
- Learning how to handle Media in good and bad times.
- Learning how to handle the publicity, public image, and publications of the organization effectively.
- Acknowledging the media effect and the different types of Media.
- Acknowledging the ideal practices for conducting press releases, press conferences, and other media-related events.
Course Outlines of Building Effective Media Relations
Day 1: Public Relations and Communication
- Public Relations and its main function.
- Planning and implementing campaigns.
- Theories of communication.
- The nature of mass communication.
- Spreading the Corporate message.
Day 2: Differences between marketing and public relations
- The major differences between advertisement, and public relations.
- How to build integrated publicity models.
- Facilitating PR tools and practices in marketing.
Day 3: Media and Public Relations
- What is media? Different types of media.
- The history and nature of propaganda.
- The ethical standards of global media.
- The relation between public relations and diversified media outlets.
- Creating media lists.
Day 4: Audience and public opinion
- Determining the key audience of an organization.
- Prioritizing and customizing messages for each targeted audience.
- Choosing the ideal media outlet for each of the targeted audiences.
- Measuring public opinion surrounding an issue.
- Issue Management and how to modify public opinion.
Day 5: The essential practices of a PR representative when handling media
- Creating newsworthy stories through events.
- Handling media in times of crises.
- The key components of a press release.
- The art of writing a press release.
- Press conference preparations.
- The art of public speaking.
Case studies, practicing of a press release, practicing public speaking, and success stories of a real PR campaign.