In this program you will learn about...
We are living in a knowledge driven economy.
The real value of an organization's worth lies in the competitive advantage it has. Patents, Copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets and technical knowhow constitute an important source of competitive advantage. These need to be secured, protected and safeguarded. WTO and TRIPS agreement imposes important responsibilities, liabilities and opportunities in the way we Purchase, Procure, Develop, Research, License and Implement Improvements. This program covers all these issues and directs your attention to the Systems you need to establish to protect your interests.
Tough Worldwide Patent Recognition and Enforcement is around the corner. Organizations and individuals are rushing to protect themselves from Patent Infringement Claims and to get their innovations patented in the hope of future earnings and protection of their interests.
Your organization's Liabilities about patents in set to increase dramatically in the coming years. Potential Claims may run into millions of dollars unless a strategy is worked out today to minimize exposure to Intellectual Property Claims.
You will get a thorough understanding of IP Laws, IP Regulations, IP Procedures, WTO, TRIPS, Contract Provisions, Contract Administration, Protection against Claims and Negotiating Claim Settlements.
You will get a step by step due diligent methodology to Prepare your Intellectual Property Filing and understanding on how it will be examined and challenged.
Workshop Part 1 - Core Issues
- Intellectual Property Rights – Designs, Trade Marks, Copyright, Patents, Technology Proprietary Information
- Understanding Legal Aspects of doing business.
- Intellectual Property Provisions in Agreements: Licensor, Designer, Contractor, EPC Contractor or Supplier. Practical Enforcement Issues, Risks and Indemnity.
- WTO, TRIPS Patents. International Applicability and Implications for Global Organizations.
- Patent Laws Patenting Procedure - Registration Systems, Proceedings and Dispute Resolution.
- Industry Business Intellectual Property Issues.
- Step by Step Methodology for
- Applying for an Intellectual Property Recognition
- Reviewing and Examining an IP Submission Prepared by Others
- Challenging an IP Submission
Workshop Part 2
- Risk Management
- Procedure Strategy for Fighting Infringement Claims:-
- Where Indemnity exists
- Where no Indemnity exists
- Where Indemnity exists but is practically unenforceable or unreliable.
- Patent Information Access Search. How to keep yourself Informed of Patent Developments in Your Field/s of Interest
- Marketing your Patent.
- Intellectual Property Issues and Contractual Arrangements in Joint Venture/Partnership Technology Development Projects.
- Step-by-Step Methodology to File your Own patents or Get the Most from your Consultant or lawyer.
- Protecting Your Organization Against Liability Claims on LICENSE AGREEMENTS CONTRACTS
- The Business Nature and Purpose of License Agreements
- Typical Issues of Concern and Risks
- Contractual Issues and Contract Administration of License Agreements...
Interpretation of the Provisions
Effective Contract Administration
Good Practices - Checklist of Do's and Don'ts
- Contractual Issues Covered in Detail Include:-
License Agreements Contracts
License Right - Coverage/Limitations
Payments Other Considerations
Other Rights Obligations
- Agreement Period
- Liability Period
- Limitation of Rights and Liabilities
- Confidentiality Clause
- Remedies for Breach - Damages and Forum for Dispute Resolution
- Technical Support to be Provided - Training, Technical Details and
- Technical Up gradation and Access to Future Technological Improvements
- If Licensee Makes Process Improvements - Rights, Effect on Indemnities and
- Fees, Costs and Additional Costs (Variations)
- Claims and Counter-Claims on License Agreements