The term “procurement” refers to the process of acquiring goods, works and services.
The process spans the whole cycle from identification of needs through to the end of a services contract or the useful life of an asset.
Course Objectives of Good & Best Procurement Practices
In this program you will learn about...
This comprehensive program empowers participants with the: Current Best Practices in Key areas of Procurement.
Last few years have seen the greatest transformation in Procurement Tendering practices than had happened in the last 100 years.
Quality Assurance, TQM, IT and E-Procurement Business Models have evolved that have dramatically increased procurement effectiveness and reduced procurement costs to upto 10% of what they used to be!! (900% savings on 95% of procured items). Experience of the leaders tell full story: British Telecom, BP, Oil Producers and Refiners, Utilities, Automobile Giants all have implemented Procurement Systems to dramatically make similar saving.
This program also prepares you for
- Improving your Current Workflow to bring it in line with Industry Best Practices and
- Preparing to Implement E-Procurement in your organization.
A Must-Attend program for Procurement and Management Staff. A great opportunity to exchange ideas with other procurement professionals from your area.
Course Outlines of Good & Best Procurement Practices
- Understanding Organization Procurement Objectives
- Understanding Organizational Procedures
- Legal Contractual Understanding for Procurement Professionals
- Understanding Customer Expectations from Procurement
- Internal Customers
- User Departments
- External Customers
- Ultimate Users
- Step-by-Step Quality Implementation Methodology
- Meeting the Customer's Stated Needs
- Meeting the Customer's Real Needs
- Meeting the Customer's Expectations
- Exceeding the Expectations of Customers
- Good and Best Practice Procurement Processes
- Non Competitive Procurement
- Procurement Prequalification Process
- Quality Assurance & Customer Satisfaction Processes
- 4M + C Analysis of Procurement Processes
- Analyzing Processes & Establishing Controls
- Workflow Improvement
- Continuous Improvement of Procurement Processes
- E-Tendering to Reduce Cost, Reduce Cycle Times and Improve Productivity
- E-Procurement Strategies for Dramatically Reducing Procurement Costs and Cycle Times
- Vendor Development Processes
- Long-Term Procurement Relationships with Suppliers
- Negotiated Contract Process Analysis
- Win-Win Dispute Negotiation and Settlement in Procurement
- Building a Procurement Section Knowledge Base