Training Co-ordinators play a vital role in ensuring any training actually solves the performance gap or need, this program equips you with the appropriate tools and techniques to manage these issues. In this program you will study;
- How to develop the Training Coordinators competence
- How to influence management allowing new skills to be practiced
- The changing needs of business and illustrating/demonstrating results.
- The most appropriate learning styles for individuals
- Training needs analysis, design, validation, and evaluation techniques.
- The training and development cycle
Course Objectives of Enhancing the Skills of Training Coordinators
- Analyze how Training & Development contribution to business performance
- Reposition Training & Development by adopting a measured approach
- Examine administration systems and techniques
- Develop a profile for the Training Coordinator role
- Apply a new 4 quadrant analysis model for individual performance issues
- Be able to apply the 10 steps in the training cycle
- Consider action planning for your return to work including training requirements
The program will be delivered in an interactive style, using group discussions, and program material, encouraging active participation, exercises, real-life case studies, and questionnaires. There will also be the opportunity to discuss individual issues on a one to one basis with the Programme Leader if necessary.
Course Outlines of Enhancing the Skills of Training Coordinators
DAY 1- Designing Training & Development to support Business Needs
- Introduction, programs objectives and ways of working
- Change in organizations, including case studies.
- Positioning Training & Development to ensure delivering strategic success
- Aligning Training & Development activities to the business needs
- Training & Development activities and organizational success including case studies
- Review of day one
DAY 2 - Clarifying/developing the role of a Training Coordinator
- The skills and attributes of a Training Coordinator - exercise
- How do people learn? When making training decisions - exercise
- Accounting for individuals’ learning styles - questionnaire and exercise
- Resources planning - medium and long term requirements
- Managing change - managing your own training and development needs
- Review of Day two
DAY 3 - Training Needs Analysis (Corporate vs. Individual needs)
- The relationship between T & D and company performance
- At the Corporate level – including a case study
- Departmental and section training needs
- Team development including Planning (TDP)
- Personal Development Plans, manpower/ talent management
- Review of day three
DAY 4 - Examination of Validation and Evaluation Techniques
- Delivering effectively structured programs.
- Application of the 10 step training model using a case study
- The use of Validation Techniques and Methodologies
- How to construct an Evaluation Survey and using learning
- How to present results to best effect - evaluation in action.
- Review of day four
DAY 5 - Budgets and back to work planning
- Understand the Training and Development budget planning process.
- Generating Individual action plans, and agreeing priorities
- Review and program recap
- Final review, presentation of certificates and awarding of CPE points