All the attributes that you will require as a leader, can be developed, though positive pro-activity, strong personal discipline and a desire to achieve. Self-confidence and self-determination, combined with an ability to manage people, will make you a strong leader, able to attain your targets and goals.
If you want to move from being a good professional to being a great professional, you cannot afford to miss this seminar. Because leadership skills are attributes that every successful professional need in today’s business environment. Here you will learn how to motivate your team in order to get them to want to do what they are supposed to do. Like all great leaders, you will learn how to provide a learning environment where team members can grow and develop new skills. You will learn how to stay on course while constantly refocusing your group or department’s goals. You will become an innovator able to add value to your organization, its customers, and its stakeholders.
Highlights of the course are:
- How to build a positive work environment
- How to develop each direct employee to their fullest abilities through delegating
- How to coach, give feedback, and performance manage
- How to build a learning environment
- How to build influence through interpersonal communication strategies
Course Objectives of Creating Stronger Relationships
Tactfully expresses disagreement; initiates and develops relationships with people; shows interest in and understanding of others' needs and concerns; shows and fosters respect and appreciation for each person, whatever their views, perspective, or interests.
- Develops effective working relationships with others (e.g., staff, peers, supervisors, customers).
- Treats people with respect and fairness (e.g., is open-minded; nonjudgmental).
- Initiates interactions and establishes rapport with others.
- Works cooperatively with others despite differences in values, cultures, or opinions.
- Concerns, shows an awareness of or sensitivity to the needs, and perspectives of others.
- Tactfully expresses disagreement.
- Addresses disagreement or conflict in a direct and straightforward manner.
- Identifies areas of agreement and builds consensus around them.
By the end of this program you will be able to:
- Inspire and direct your team to greater skills and motivation
- Spot opportunities for strategic alliances with peers, staff, and superiors
- Become a visionary, innovative, and successful leader
- Identify your leadership strengths and weaknesses and the strengths and weaknesses of your staff
- Develop a leadership style that flexes to the person and situation
- Be a successful coach, mentor, and communicator
The seminar will combine presentations with interactive practical exercises, supported by video material and case studies. Delegates will be encouraged to participate actively in relating the strategies of effective leadership to the particular needs of their workplace.
Organizational Impact of Creating Stronger Relationships
- Know the significance of the people factor
- Develop strong interpersonal relationship skills
- Learn techniques for dealing with difficult people and how to realign their behavior in order to meet organization goals
- Develop visionary, innovative, and effective leaders for the success of the organization
- Keep the unit or department moving forward by accomplishing the set goals
Personal Impact of Creating Stronger Relationships
- How to be a disciplined person
- How to be proactive
- How to be a flexible effective leader
- How to use transformational leadership skills
- How to apply the components of motivation differently, depending on the end-user
Course Outlines of Creating Stronger Relationships
The Empowering Tools of Leadership: Motivating and Delegating
- Identifying the important factors in motivation
- Appreciating how different theories of motivation can be applied to the work setting
- Tailor motivational efforts to individual employees and different situation
- Identify the benefits and the barriers to delegation
- Identify the different delegation styles and understand the guidelines for on how and when to use them
- Evaluate employees and situations and determine the appropriate delegation style
- The difference between doing, leading, and managing
The Attributes and Characteristics of Successful leadership
- Characteristics of highly effective leaders
- The difference between traditional and transformational leadership
- Using flexible effective leadership styles
- Understanding a leadership mindset
- Effective leadership and emotional intelligence
- Practicing effective decision making
- How to build an effective, proactive team
Coaching for Top Quality Performance
- Performance Appraisals to Performance Management – manager’s self-evaluation
- Managerial barriers to Effective Performance Appraisals
- How to assess and employee’s performance fairly – avoiding subjectivity and bias
- The benefits of on-going Performance Management
- Leadership/coaching behavior assessment
- Your leadership/coaching style – strengths and gaps
- Using performance management as a leadership strategy
How to Become an Environmental Change Agent
- Defining a learning environment and its benefits
- Senge’s five learning disciplines
- Personal mastery – learning to expand our personal capacity to create the results we most desire
- Mental models – seeing how our internal pictures of the world shape our actions
- Shared vision – building a sense of commitment in a group
- Team learning – crating a thinking synergistic environment
- Systems thinking – a language for describing the forces that shape the behavior of systems
Building Effective Communication Skills
- Identifying the importance of effective interpersonal communication for the leadership role
- Building trust and believability: behaviors vs. intentions
- Perception and communicating with others
- Self-concept and leadership success – strategies for improving self-concept
- Delivering clear, concise messages